Unirap Removal Instrument
A large increase in fusion rates for spine surgery has been observed in the last 20 years and the frequency of revision spine surgery continues to increase. It is against this background that we designed this unique product. With this “removal tool” we are convinced we can remove 95% plus of pedicle screws available in the market.
Unirap Removal System
MDLG Trading CC has been distributors of spinal and cervical implants since 2009. During the past 9 years that we’ve been involved in the spinal market, we’ve witnessed several trends, and products even, that have come and gone. A large increase in fusion rates for spine surgery has been observed in the last 20 years and the frequency of revision spine surgery continues to increase. During revision it is often necessary to remove and change the existing implants and therefore, it is necessary to have the instrument set used during the previous operation or to have an appropriate screwdriver available. This is not always possible and in some circumstances the implant may no longer be in production. "It is against this background that we design this unique product. With this 'removal tool' we are convinced we can remove 95% plus of pedicle screws available in the market."
ADVANTAGE OF THE UNIRAP INSTRUMENT:
- Simplifies and accelerates the removal process
- Significant reduction of operating time with resulting advantages.
- Reduces blood loss and infection that might be caused by extended operating time.
- Decreases time spent in tracking the appropriate removal set.
- Minimizes the risk of soft tissue irritation and bone injury.
- Removal of Polyaxial screws are especially difficult and time-consuming without the correct screw driver.
We already used this instrument to remove the cap screws and rods from a number of patients. The screws and rods were removed quickly in a minimally invasive way with no complications. No damage to the pedicle or surrounding soft tissue occurred during screw removal.